Spruce Up Your Kitchen with these Useful Gadgets
A kitchen is a magical place where all your favorite meals are born. Be it your own kitchen or the one in a restaurant you frequent. Of course, a kitchen won’t act on its own. Cooking is an art and a hobby for many of us, and following a recipe is only the beginning.
Bust out the cookbook, roll out the dough, and check out some helpful kitchen gadgets you’ll love using. Plus, all of these items can be found at the Williams Sonoma location in the heart of Shadyside, so pay a visit and discover the useful tools and gadgets among many other items.
Photo Credit: William Sonoma via Instagram
- Stainless-Steel Odor Absorbing Splatter Screen. Are you a pan-fried food lover? Keep the oil in the pan and off your arms with this safety-minded tool. The simple screen rests atop your frying pan so you can easily take it off and on while you tend to your food.
- Casabella Guaclock Guacamole Storage Container. Tired of your fresh guacamole turning brown after just a day in the fridge? The air exposure is the problem. This airtight container works by squeezing all the excess air out of your guac container so the dip stays green and fresh.
- Souper Cubes Freezer Tray. Do you prepare your food well in advance? Cooking in bulk can break down to a more cost-effective solution and you’ll have plenty of leftovers. In other words, less cooking and cleaning. These trays allow for uniform portions of food you can rely on for many meals ahead.
- Molcajete. This ancient tool is just as useful today as it was thousands of years ago. Crush spices with the included pestle or whip up a batch of guacamole. The basalt bowl is a wonderful serving piece making the molcajete a versatile item.
- Rabbit Freezable Beer Glasses. September will soon be behind us, but there are likely still a few good warm days ahead. You’ll want a cold drink in a cold glass, and this will help you beat the heat. Pop these glasses in the freezer for at least an hour, then pour in your favorite brew. Sip away without worrying about warm beer.
- OXO Simple Mandoline. Slicing fruits and veggies take a bit of prep time if you have a demanding recipe. This simple device delivers clean, quick, and consistent cuts so you can get cooking. Perfect for apples, squash, cucumbers, and so much more. Speaking of apples, it’s the time for picking, so bring some home and slice them up.
- OXO Adjustable Potato Ricer. Having a similar function to a garlic press, this potato ricer does so for larger items. Choose between 3 settings for finer or chunkier consistency in your creation. Great for mashed potatoes, tomatoes for sauces, and even baby food.
- Paderno 7-Blade Spiralizer. Don’t spiral out of control when you cook. Create perfectly controlled spirals with a spiralizer. Add some fun to your dishes and experiment with the different blade settings. Want some thin cuts on salads or soups? This will take care of it with ease.
- Pressure Cooker Accessory Kit. If you love your pressure cooker, then these accessories will allow you many more capabilities. They all work in tandem with your cooker, and they bring out some of the best in what it can do. Keep eggs steady, elevate your entree from the bottom of the pot, securely and easily lift hot items, and even bake a cake.
- Prepara Stainless Steel Herb Savor. Instead of using your herbs up all at once or risking they go past their prime, keep them in this herb savor. You’ll enjoy having fresh herbs around and the flavors they bring to your meals will make the rewards of cooking even greater. Just keep it in your fridge door with some water and your preferred herbs should stay fresh for up to three weeks.
These are some of the many gadgets available for your dream kitchen. Get your hands on whichever ones align with your expertise, tastes, and cooking methods. As always, when visiting local shops bring a mask and keep a safe distance from other patrons and store associates.